Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Helping Others

Today I attend a work party for this wonderful organization. The group is called New Life for Old Bags. This wonderful organization takes old plastic bags and makes plastic mats and blankets for the homeless. This organization has inspired me to take this project to the classroom.

In my second and fifth grade curriculum we talk about environmental issues. In the second grade classroom we talk about garbage and recycling. In my fifth grade curriculum we talk about the environmental impact and alternative energy.

I thought why not bring this wonderful activity to my students. I had my first meeting with my students at lunch time last week. We brainstormed some great ideas on how to promote the activity.  I plan to meet with my student at lunch time next week to start creating posters, scripts and flyers.

If you want more information on the organization send me an email or make a comment. I'll be adding pictures of my students on my science blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment