Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

First Step


Last year I decided to start incorporating science notebooks in some my science classrooms. I read the books Using Science Notebooks and Teaching Science with Interactive Notebooks. Both books inspired me to improve my format in my first notebook. 

It worked so well that I wanted to try in all 21 of my science classrooms. It was a huge risk to try this at the level that I wanted to try it. I was encourage by my boss at the time and I'm so glad that I took that step. 

The science notebooks have become a routine for my students. They know that when i'm there its an expectation to open their notebook and review their key vocabulary. Its also a place to go back and make connections. 

As well as my notebooks are working this year I still feel that I can make improvements. I feel that I structured it too much. In my next blog i'll attach some of the documents that make up my notebook. I'll explain how I use them too. 






No comments:

Post a Comment